default kde menu icon

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 11 12:10:18 GMT 2010

Hey,

On Jan 5, 2010, at 8:32 PM, Roman Shtylman wrote:

> I think that will completely break down at smaller sizes and the
> border will begin to bleed into the icon itself. Have you tried
> rendering it at the various sizes? making sure to go down to 22x22?
> Some people like really small panels.

In addition to this I do not think it is a good idea to use a solid
colored bg for the icon. It makes the semi-transparent panel look
kinda poor on different colored bg's. (I realize that adding a solid
bg makes it much easier to make the gears look nice)

I have tried various times to make a kubuntu logo which would work
well at small sizes and I have to admit that it is almost impossible.
The small parts of the gears are simply too small at that size to be
noticeable and crisp. Either they don't look like gears but are
somewhat crisp or they are gears and blurry ;(

- --
Ken