Logic error in (4.4b2) Xsetup

Zorael zorael at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 17:38:03 GMT 2010

Hiho,

I'm running 9.10 with 4.4b2 packages from the kubuntu-ppa/beta ppa. I
have my machine set up to not login automatically, but kdm still
displays ksplashx before showing the greeter. So I had a look at
/etc/kde4/kdm/Xsetup, which looks like the following after removing
comments;

  if ! grep -q ^AutoLoginEnable=true /etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc; then
      ksplashx Default &
  fi

The logic there translates to "if autologin is disabled, display
ksplashx". (^ doesn't negate)

Shouldn't it be the other way around? To make it only display ksplashx
if autologin is enabled?

Zorael