Fwd: Kubuntu 10.04 will be LTS but it is ready for that

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 21:41:46 GMT 2010

On Thursday 25 February 2010 9:49:25 am Clay Weber wrote:
> And will it be possible to go 8.04 to 10.04? A question since I support
> some 10+ desktops still on 8.04, then I have a few on 9.10 who will NOT
> want to find they lost all their Contacts, lists etc.

Gotta say, I expected more breakage than I got on the 4.3->4.4 upgrade for the
KDEPIM transition to Akonadi.  My contacts were no longer visible in
KAddressBook *BUT* they were not actually lost.  The .vcs was still there, and
I just had to add it to the Akonadi sources (in System Settings), so it's
something that I think should be relatively easy to correct.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo