Ubuntu One KDE UI sort-of alpha1

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 02:20:01 BST 2010

On Sunday, July 11, 2010 08:40:39 am Harald Sitter wrote:
> Just a quick heads up. As of recently the PPA provides its own sync daemon
> package that is able to handle both kwallet and gnome-keyring. Therefore
> patching is no longer necessary.
>
> If you have time please give this a good amount of testing (also using the
> gnome client). The changes I applied ontop of syncdaemon are now trying to
> be non-intrusive to the gnome-keyring side of things and I am planning on
> pushing it into the official packages soonish.

OK I'm trying it.  Is "install the gnome one, then run it, then add your
computer, then get rid of the gnome one, then use the kde one" still the
workflow?  Because I'm not being prompted to add my computer when I click
"manage account" in the KCM thing (it opens a browser window to the U1
website, but no prompt to add computer), and the "connect" option in the
ubuntuone-statsnotifier doesn't seem to do anything at all.  I also haven't
done the install-gnome-stuff-first thing, so I just want to check before I go
and install that stuff uselessly.

Your previous email said to touch .ubuntuone in folders we wanted to sync that
aren't ~/Ubuntu\ One I think?  I did that on my other machine (which has used
the gnome version and is registered with the U1 system then), but it doesn't
seem to be doing anything.  I imagine the graphical way to do this will go
into the "sharing" tab in right-click -> properties in Dolphin eventually?

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo