Login and logout sounds

Yuval Levy ubuntu08 at sfina.com
Thu Apr 8 15:14:15 BST 2010

On April 8, 2010 09:43:45 am Daniel Chen wrote:
> And in the case where the user is visually impaired?

good point. given that 90% of users do not make any changes from the default
preferences / settings, and that "visually impaired users" are a user category
that has completely different needs than "average users", shouldn't this
solution be somewhere else as in a single little change to the "default-fit-
them-all" configuration?

how about identifying a few cluster of use cases and provide each of those
groups with a tailored, really polished and adapted user experience, of which
the login and logout sounds are the beginning and the end?

e.g. the plugged in / unplugged power cords sound confusion mentioned earlier
in this thread affects notebook users but not desktop users.

I still know too little about KDE to be helpful in the actual implementation
(pointers to recommended readings are welcome, especially if there is a book)
but I can help with the identification of the clusters. Do you want me to list
/ structure them here?

Yuv