Login and logout sounds

Luke Aaron lukeaar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 02:50:56 BST 2010

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 06:47:55 am Harald Sitter wrote:
> Hai!
>
> I just wanted to hear some opinions on the matter of login and logout sounds.

In terms of logout sound, I think it is not required.  Why not just de-saturate the screen?  This can indicate that the logout has been started without causing un-necessary noise.

For login, I agree the sound is too long.  It should be 4 seconds max.  I think 3 is a good length personally.   If you took the current sound, and stopped it at the end of the second beat and held that chord for another .5 seconds, or alternatively if you stopped it on the change of bass note (at the beginning of the third beat) and held that chord for a little longer, I believe that this would work well.

--
Luke Aaron
https://launchpad.net/~lukeaar

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989