question on installer for lucid

A. Rothman amichai2 at amichais.net
Tue Apr 6 09:31:20 BST 2010

I can confirm both - that the installer GUI disappears (although
installation seems to continue!), and that I too couldn't figure out
what exactly the Skip button is supposed to do in the first place. I
also haven't managed to successfully complete an OEM installation in
Lucid yet. I think now would be a good time for a round of Ubiquity
triaging/testing/fixing, as there seem to still be a bunch of
non-trivial issues, and Ubiquity is basically one of the first
impressions of Kubuntu a new user gets, so we want it to be a very
positive one!

-Amichai