Packaging Kontact enterprise for Kubuntu

Christopher Bertels christopher.bertels at intevation.de
Wed Sep 2 14:31:21 BST 2009

Hello,

I'd like to introduce myself to you. I'm a intern working at Intevation GmbH,
in Osnabrück, Germany. One part of my work here as an intern is to learn the
Debian packaging system and create Kontact enterprise packages for Kubuntu /
Ubuntu.

I have been talking to some of you (I suppose) at #kubuntu-devel on
irc.freenode.net.
We (Intevation) would like to continuously release packages of our Kontact
enterprise branch for Kubuntu, if this is also in your interest.
I have created a PPA on Launchpad, so you can check out what I've packaged so
far. Currently, I have only packaged Kontact enterprise 3.5 for Hardy, since
it was an easy transition from our Debian packages. Enterprise 4 for Jaunty
will probably follow soon, though.
I'd like to hear some feedback, especially since I'm quite new to the whole
packaging thing.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. :)

Greetings,
Christopher Bertels.

PS: You can find my PPA here:
https://launchpad.net/~christopher-bertels/+archive/ppa