Alpha software and 9.10

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 29 22:59:38 BST 2009

Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles at elpauer.org> writes:

> Actually, the main problem with K3b is not K3b but wodim.
>
> I have to agree with Jörg Schilling here: wodim is broken. It should
> be replaced with cdrecord again. Reinhard Tartler (siretart) was
> working on this, trying to get cdrecord in Debian again, but it seems
> the package is blocked in the Debian ftpmasters queue

I've also tried to get it in Ubuntu before, but this is blocked on Joerg
Schilling himself. Quoting from:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TeamReports/February2009#Meeting%202009-02-10

# cdrtools

    * Mark gave an update on the cdrtools inclusion situation. Joerg
      Schilling has declined to grant a specific permission on his CDDL
      code, and in the absence of that (or in the absence of a broader
      discussion between CDDL and GPL stakeholders to resolve the
      licence incompatibility), Eben Moglen of SFLC informs us that we
      cannot ship cdrtools. For the time being, the matter is closed.

The latest discussions with Debian have stalled, but they are for ubuntu
because of the above rather irrelevant anyways IMO.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4