Alpha software and 9.10

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Tue Sep 29 21:55:26 BST 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:12 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:54:32 +0400 Andreev Sergei <seajey.serg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>>> K3b I'm a bit less dead-set about. Currently it is at 1.66 (alpha 2 of
> 2.0
>>>  I guess) and from what I and a few others have seen, burns things quite
>>>  fine. There have been a few crash reports against the KDE4 version[2] (I
>>>  count 4) Upstream also seems to have died after alpha 2 was released,
>>>  which was almost 4 months ago[3]. Do we want to revert to a KDE3
> version?
>>>  Harald Sitter and I agreed that polling our userbase in regards to this
>>>  would be a good idea, but we also both lamented that we don't really
> have
>>>  a good way to go about this...
>>
>>BTW, does inclusion of CD-burning tool on LiveCD so necessary?
>>
>>Last time I tried to burn some ISO from LiveCD session I could not even to
>
>>replace LiveCD with blank compact disk.
>
> Not on the CD also means not included in the default install.  I think it
> should be in the default install unless we can convince ourselves the need
> for it is less than before (I 've done all my recent installs via USB, not
> sure how common that is or what fraction of K3B use is *buntu install CDs.).

I've been using K3b built from trunk for quite some time now and it
works pretty well here.

Actually, the main problem with K3b is not K3b but wodim.

I have to agree with Jörg Schilling here: wodim is broken. It should
be replaced with cdrecord again. Reinhard Tartler (siretart) was
working on this, trying to get cdrecord in Debian again, but it seems
the package is blocked in the Debian ftpmasters queue (it did not
build in a clean Hardy or Jaunt pbuilder here, by the way)

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org