Ayatana-like notifications for Plasma

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Thu Sep 3 15:57:51 BST 2009

Luka Renko wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 September 2009 09:53:36 Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
>> I choose this position to ensure passive notifications do not overlap
>> with active notifications, but we could add an option to make the
>> position configurable. At the very least the current code should be made
>> a bit smarter to avoid showing passive notifications on top if the
>> systray applet is on top as wel
>>

> Since I am using panel on top of the screen, does this mean that passive
> notifications will overlap with active notifications?  Personally I do not like
> the idea of having two locations for notifications either.

Actually, things have changed a bit.  We discussed Ayatana notifications
with Celeste on IRC and she advised against having two places for
notifications.  Instead she suggested to turn all notifications into
passive notifications *if and only if* Ayatana notifications are enabled
(ie: you still get active notifications by default).

I implemented this as well as click-through today and uploaded a new
patchset on my page.

Aurelien