Question on Notifications in plasma-netbook

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Tue Oct 27 09:29:28 GMT 2009

Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> On my Dell Mini running Kubuntu Netbook edition I have enabled Ayatana
> Notifications and have noticed an inconsistancy with the location of the
> notifications.  Some of the notifications occur at the top in the
> taskbar area, such as downloading a file, connecting to wireless, while
> others occur in the bottom of the screen, choqok notifications, new
> updates, need to install additional packages.

By default, Plasma uses the same widget to display notifications and
file operations, but file operations and notifications are two distinct
elements. Enabling Ayatana notifications only affect notifications, not
file operations (it would be wrong to make file operation widgets
passive widgets!)

I am surprised connecting to wireless appears at the top. Which network
management system do you use? Both knetworkmanager and wicd use
notifications and should display with other notifications.

Aurelien