Project Timelord -- Initial consideration

Ralph Janke txwikinger at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 22 14:07:03 BST 2009

Hi Jonathan,

sounds like a good idea. One thing that I have not found on that given
document (at least not explicitly), is an improvement of automatic
testing. IMHO, one of the biggest problem we have (and actually this can
be extended to all *buntu distros and highly likely to a lot of distros
in general) is always those nagging regressions every release. And since
we are so much into cloud computing now, maybe we should think about how
to use "clouds" for this issue as much as possible.

I would like to see some way of be able to submit, manage etc test cases
(in form of specification and implementation) that would help to raise a
lot of those regression far earlier in the release cycle, and because
they can run lots of times during the cycle also those problems that are
re-introduced later in the cycle.

I know that this is not the solution for everything, however, I would
hope such efforts would make a clear improvement in QA. It can also be
interdependent with the bug triage that is mentioned in the document,
since a part of bug triage could be an effort to develop a test case for
each particular bug (where applicable) that is raised.

Just an idea,
Ralph (txwikinger)