[kubuntu-devel] Inconsistent behavior of message indicator items

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Fri Oct 16 13:18:05 BST 2009

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:12:57AM +0200, Aur??lien G??teau wrote:
>> I think this inconsistency is wrong and would like to modify my patches
>> so that KDE applications behave like GNOME applications. Do you agree
>> with this? If so, do you think it can be done for Karmic?
>
> Yes that makes sense.  We can still let in package updates but the
> diff should be easy to read, it should be tested before so preferably
> put in a PPA and find someone to test it, and of course it'll only get in if we have
> time to test it from the archive afterwards and time to revert should
> it all go wrong.

The situation is different for each applications:

- For Kopete and KMail, the fix consists of removing a patch.

- For Konversation, I need to write a new patch (because I aggregated my
changes in two big patches so that it was easier to review), but it's
going to be a 5 line diff.

- For Quassel, I need to revert my latest patch (or stop Sput from
integrating it if it's not too late)

What would be the final deadline for a PPA containing those updates?

Aurelien