Kubuntu Developer Application Process

Steve Stalcup vorian at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 28 22:49:21 GMT 2009

On Saturday, November 28, 2009, Roderick B. Greening
<roderick.greening at gmail.com> wrote:
> On November 28, 2009 06:06:49 pm Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> As mentioned (although not very clearly) in
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-devel/2009-November/003569.html
>> there is now a separate team that can upload Kubuntu packages called
>>  kubuntu- dev.
>>
>> The process for applying is described in
>> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/KubuntuDevelopers (this is an approved
>> delegation from the Ubuntu Technical Board to kubuntu-dev - See
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2009-
>> November/000642.html for details).
>>
>> Scott K

*snip*

> Now that this info has made it's way to the public devel list, we all can
> review and move on.
>
> Enjoy the rest of your day :)
>
> Rod.

Most all of this has been publicly developed and has been a *very*
open and transparent transition for many months now.

I'm frankly surprised anyone within the development counity sees the
archive reorginization as a sudden change done veiled in darkness.

(I've been basically cut off for several months now and was aware of
this change)