Use "desktop" in a disambiguous way: get rid of the desktop folder

Andrea Canidio acanidio at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:26:22 GMT 2009

Can the Desktop folder be only a link to whatever folder you actually have on
the desktop? This would be another way to make the word "desktop" less
ambiguous.

Alternatively, we keep the desktop folder and we call desktop something else,
like "workplace", so that we have "show the workplace" instead of "show the
desktop" and so on.

Cheers!

Andrea