Kopete ain't got no Jingle support

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Sun May 31 13:24:41 BST 2009

Quoting from kdenetwork's buildlog
"   * libortp (0.13 or higher)
<http://www.linphone.org/index.php/eng/code_review/ortp>
     oRTP provides an API to send rtp packets
     Needed to build Jingle support in Kopete."

libortp is built from linphone, getting that into main is proably quite a
PITA, so we might investigate getting the independent ortp source into the
archives and make linphone not build libortp (though if possibly linphone
should also use the independent libortp as well).

So, someone should
a) check whether it makes sense to try getting linphone into main, if so write
a MIR
b) if not, get in touch with the debian voip team and invstigate the
possibility of making linphone use an indepent libortp
c) whatever path its gonna be, for karmic we should have jingle support built
:)

Volunteers?

On related note:
   * libknotificationitem  <>
     The KDE4 implementation of the experimental next-gen systray protocol
     Provides enhanced systray in KGet.
   * Strigi  <>
     Metadata extraction
     Needed to get metadata for .torrent files
   * libgadu (1.8.0 or higher)  <http://toxygen.net/libgadu/>
     A library providing support for Gadu-Gadu protocol
     Required for Kopete Gadu-Gadu protocol
   * libv4l2  <http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/3636.html>
     Collection of video4linux support libraries
     Required for better webcam support

1) ought to be an ustream issue I guess
2) missing dep it appears
3+4) both should be in main if I am not mistaken