Ksplash and icon for kubuntu

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sat May 30 03:00:25 BST 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 1:55 AM, Christian Mangold
<neversfelde at kubuntu.org>wrote:

> Am Freitag, 29. Mai 2009 22:11:52 schrieb Steve Stalcup:
> > Thoughts?
>
> I thought that the guys at UDS discussed branding and we do not want to
> change
> the upstream look?

Even if Kubuntu doesn't change the branding, in KDE 4.3 its a simple matter
of a
right-click to change the "start menu" (kicker?) icon. I've used the
circle-of-friends
part of the Kubuntu "bling" logo in my 4.3 beta 1 Karmic install, can't seem
to get it
replaced in my 4.2 Jaunty install... used Inkscape to cut and use the CoF
part...

PNG versions here:
http://www.imgx.org/view/full/38716_bt8nj
http://www.imgx.org/view/full/38717_t2sat

Original SVG taken from here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KubuntuArtwork

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at its end madness and chaos
lie."