Disabling Plasma progress notifications?

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Tue Mar 24 12:00:09 GMT 2009

Jonathan wrote:
> I think that this: http://www.mail-archive.com/plasma-
> devel at kde.org/msg03878.html could be taken as upstream wishing notifications to
> be left on for KDE 4.2. I don't think we should disable them either.

Aaron message mentions a configuration dialog which we do not have right
now so it's quite more difficult for users to disable these
notifications in Jaunty.

Anyway, I believe that if we keep the notifications, we should at least
disable the auto-hide behavior. I can understand Aaron wish to let
things mature and get more user feedback, but not at the cost of
exposing users to potential data-loss because the user interface make
them believe transfers are finished when they are not.

I can probably provide a patch if we agree to disable auto-hide behavior.

Aurélien