Disabling Plasma progress notifications?

Aurélien Gâteau aurelien.gateau at canonical.com
Tue Mar 24 09:15:06 GMT 2009

Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:36:47 +0100 Aurélien Gâteau <aurelien.gateau at canonical.com> wrote:
>> Scott Kitterman wrote:

>>> I think there is a KNotification bug that's at the root of the dissapearance.
>> I am not sure it's a bug, from what I understand it is a deliberate choice.
>>
> OK.
>

> The reason I didn't find it confusing is that after the notification goes there is
> an "i" item on the taskbar that if you click on it reopens the notification.
> This seemed clear to me the first time I encountered it.

I guess not everyone eyes are as sharp as yours :).
Still these notifications have other problems:
- It's impossible to move a window in front of them
- You can't monitor the progress if you hide them, while progress of
classic windows can be tracked because the percentage appears in their
taskbar entry

> If this is a deliberate upstream design, then I think we ought to stick with it.

We would not go against upstream, since upstream provides us with
configuration options to change this behavior.

Aurélien