Disabling Plasma progress notifications?

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Mon Mar 23 21:46:39 GMT 2009

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:36:47 +0100 Aurélien Gâteau <aurelien.gateau at canonical.com> wrote:
>Scott Kitterman wrote:

>>> Disabling the disappearing requires a patch, which may not be that
>>> difficult, but still more intrusive than using a configuration option.
>>>
>> I think there is a KNotification bug that's at the root of the dissapearance.
>
>I am not sure it's a bug, from what I understand it is a deliberate choice.

OK.

The reason I didn't find it confusing is that after the notification goes there is an "i" item on the taskbar that if you click on it reopens the notification.  This seemed clear to me the first time I encountered it.

If this is a deliberate upstream design, then I think we ought to stick with it.

Scott K