concerns since upgrading to 4.2.4

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 03:06:43 BST 2009

Good evening (or whatever time of day it is in your time zone),

I recently enabled backports for Jaunty and have noticed some annoyances.  I
don't know if they are fixed in a newer version of KDE or are indeed KDE
related.  Networkmanager drops my wireless connection every hour or so.  On
a fresh install I never had this problem, since the update I have this on
every wireless connection I use.  I notice this more when I let the my
laptop idle for 10 minutes or so.

Suspend and resume have ecome a problem on Latitude E6500 that wasn't there
before the update.  When I close the lid to my laptop i do not suspend
automatically even though it is setup.  I started to notice this when my
laptop bag would start to get very very warm and my laptop felt like it
could toast bread.  Also when I do resume my screen is locked but I cannot
always type.  Example suspend through the power applet, resume the machine
and the screen is locked, typing my password does not display any * for any
key typed on the right side of the screen.

Very annoying problems I'm dealing with, any ideas (including suggestions
for bug reports) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and keep up the good workd