KDE Universe packagers: Don't use debian-qt-kde.mk

Jonathan echidnaman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:42:53 BST 2009

Hey all,

I know everybody's reeling from rgreening, sebas, and agateau's hip-shaking,
hard-hitting karaoke triple-play, but at least take your eyes off of our three
hot developers for a few minutes to read this email. :P

There has been a common misconception carried by the KDE Universe packagers
(me included) that '/usr/share/pkg-kde-tools/qt-kde-team/1/debian-qt-kde.mk'
is the proper include for KDE universe packages.

<JontheEchidna> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=530725
<ubottu> Debian bug 530725 in kshutdown "kshutdown: Uses private, unstable
packaging functions" [Serious,Closed]
<JontheEchidna> looks like we need to use kde.mk from pkg-kde-tools for
universe KDE packages instead of debian-qt-kde.mk
<Riddell> JontheEchidna: yeah, we should be using kde.mk for anything other
than main KDE modules
<Riddell> as far as I understand it

Instead, we should be using 'include /usr/share/pkg-kde-
tools/makefiles/1/cdbs/kde.mk' as it is what Debian will be using and, as the
Debian bug says, debian-qt-kde.mk is for internal KDE use and may not be 100%
stable.

Thanks,
Jonathan Thomas