Kubuntu Netbook Edition for Alpha 3

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Jul 21 05:05:36 BST 2009

Alpha 3 will be the first milestone that Kubuntu Netbook Edition has
participated in.  We will need help testing this additional image this week.

One of the goals for Kubuntu Netbook Edition in this cycle is to provide a
standard Kubuntu like experience, but scaled to work on a netbook sized
system.  We landed kubuntu-netbook-default-settings over the weekend, so we
have all the pieces in place for this objective.

In addition to the usual ISO testing we need feedback on the settings tweaks
we've done for the smaller form factor.  If you have feedback on it, you can
leave it here, come visit us on #kubuntu-netbook, or file bugs in Launchpad
against the kubuntu-netbook-default-settings package.

As always, feedback on different hardware experiences is wanted at:

http://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Netbook/HardwareTesting

Scott K

Note: You don't have to have a netbook to test, you can install the kubuntu-
netbook ISO on regular systems too, you'll likely think the fonts are way to
small though.