KDE4 64-bit & 32-bit programs & KDE3.5 programs

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 23:09:12 GMT 2009

2009/2/12 Steven van der Vegt <s.vandervegt at student.utwente.nl>:
> On Thursday 12 February 2009 21:57:32 Jonas Norlander wrote:

>> > It was on one line...  I copy/pasted it originally and it was on two
>> > lines but I ran the command a second time (with the 32-bit flag) and it
>> > was on one line then...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Blessings
>> >
>> > Wulfmann
>>
>> That's strange. Why do it work for me and not for you? Can someone
>> else try and see if it works for them?
>>
>> / Jonas
>
> There is a difference in the first given command and your second one (the one
> including the output)
>
> first:
> for DIR in $(echo "$PATH" | sed -e "s/:/ /g") ; do find "$DIR" -type f; -exec
> file '{}' \; | grep -i 32-bit | sed "s/:.*$//" ; done
> second:
> for DIR in $(echo "$PATH" | sed -e 's/:/ /g') ; do find "$DIR/" -type f -exec
> file '{}' \; | grep -i '32-bit' | sed -e 's/:.*$//'; done
>
> single and double quotes, 32-bit between quotes and a slash behind DIR.
>
> Second works for me, first gives me, like Wulfmann, many application.

Changing from double qoutes to single was just a test. You have a typo
in the original command line (-type f;) see the extra ; character? My
original did not have that and with it the output will not be whats
expected. Single or double qoutes for the sed and grep commands should
not do any difference in this case. Why it don't work for  Wulfy I
have no idea.

/ Jonas