Updates, upgrades, and PPA's, oh my....

Kwan Chan chanyunkwan0217 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 19:57:39 GMT 2009

I think Kubuntu should provide kde bug fixed release(like kde 4.3.4, kde
4.3.3) as stable packages like opensuse does.
Because these kde release is meant for slight improvement. I mean kde 4.3.4
should be more stable than kde 4.3.2, however, ubuntu user have to upgrade
from a ppa repository. And upgrading to the kde 4.3.4 makes Kubuntu even
more unstable. Then a kde+ubuntu fan is actually losing the meaning of
upgrading to the latest stable kde release.
For me, I happened to experience that. After a fresh installation of
kubuntu, I added the ppa repository for kde 4.3.4 then did a dist-upgrade.
Plasma can't even startup after reboot.

Is it because of the poor quality of the kde packages for kubuntu?
Are the kde packages on the ppa repository is directly copy from debian
sid?

not blaming, just try to make Kubuntu better.

Kwan