[kubuntu-devel] Thoughts on Arora

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Mon Aug 3 01:03:03 BST 2009

> Given that we are not going to 100% agree, why don't we make Kubuntu
> the first Linux distribution to offer a browser ballot screen ?
> Choices: Firefox, Konqueror, Arora, maybe Chrome too ?

Why should we burden the user in having to make the decision about
which browser to use when users who care to have a choice will have
the experience and knowledge to go and get what they want to start
with? Users who don't care or know will inevitably choose Firefox
anyway because of familiarity with the brand so why wouldn't we just
ship it and make it easy to get to start with? Also, KDE is putting a
lot of effort and support into fixing Konqueror so what is the benefit
of temporarily shipping Arora only to drop it in the near future?

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project