plasma-widget-network-manager snapshot up for testing (was: networkmanager plasmoid SRU)

Andrew Stromme andrew.stromme at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 04:48:56 BST 2009

On Tuesday 28 April 2009 16:47:36 Andrew Stromme wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 April 2009 06:04:00 Andreas Wenning wrote:
> > I have uploaded a new svn snapshot to the kubuntu-experimental PPA:
> > https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-experimental/+archive/ppa
> > Note: This PPA indeed contains very experimental stuff at times; so you
> > might want to hand-download the .deb and install it.
> >
> > Please test version 0.0+svn959985-0ubuntu1~ppa2 and give us some
> > feedback. We of course want to know if it solves anything for you; and
> > more importantly we want to know if you find any regressions compared to
> > the current version in jaunty.
> >
> > Please send a report back to this list. You're of course also welcome to
> > ping me on IRC (a|wen on #kubuntu-devel) with comments.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andreas
>
> With both the jaunty build and this newer build connecting to a WPA
> Enterprise network with PEAP and MSCHAPv2 does not work. I got something
> that worked for a moment with current svn built from source, but then that
> failed as well.... what do we do in cases like mine? For me there was no
> option for ethernet, no option for any other wifi network. Is there any
> fallback on the jaunty cd?
>
> Andrew Stromme

Just as a followup...

I did manage to get my network working with a self-compiled svn build from
this afternoon. It's still quite finicky, but things are generally moving in
the right direction it seems. I also support the idea of providing updates to
this crucial part of the system (for many users)

Andrew Stromme