[kubuntu-devel] Discussing an "Official" Kubuntu PPA scheme

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 27 19:20:11 BST 2009

On Montag, 27. April 2009 16:02:41 Roderick B. Greening wrote:
> @Riddell:
> Will we still be able to maintain private PPA's within a team and setup
> different rights? Or should we just leave Ninjas as it is for now, and
> merge the others under a common PPA team or under existing Kubuntu Members?

I'd go for leaving -ninjas as it is and introduce kubuntu-ppa

1. kubuntu-ninjas, unlike the others needs to have a more restricted member
list
2. if we would re-use kubuntu-members for the other PPAs, every kubuntu member
would have upload rights, which kind of undermines the reliability (not that
Kubuntu members are not reliable, but it can happen way to easy that one
uploads to a wrong PPA and causes epic fails... so the less people are exposed
to that kind of screw-up, the better)