Default Bookmarks in Konqueror

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 13 13:41:17 BST 2009

On Monday, 13. April 2009 13:43:57 Dave Morley wrote:
> In Ubuntu/FireFox there are some default bookmarks pointing at both
> Ubuntu/Debian and some for Firefox.
>
> I'm wondering whether something similar should be done for Konq.
>
> Bookmarks for planet kde, kde, Kubuntu and other related news stuff for
> kde/kubuntu desktops.
>
> This I think would be useful tools for new user in particular, in a
> similar way that quassel points a #kubuntu automatically.
>
> What do you guys think?

While I generally don't find the idea of default bookmarks very sensible, it
probably makes sense since we crippled Konqueror's startup page to only show a
link to the bookmarks slave, which then again only contains links to the
various system places (as shown within dolphin for example), so in order to at
least provided some content there we probably should add some bookmarks.