qmake installation seems broken on AMD64

Brian Budge brian.budge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 19:32:04 BST 2009

Hi all -

I posted  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/358088 this
bug regarding qmake not working on my system.  I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty,
AMD64.  I can run Qt apps, but I can't build new ones.

qmake -query QT_INSTALL_PREFIX gives /usr/bin, which I believe should be
/usr.

I've tried completely reinstalling all of my Qt libraries and tools, and I
just yesterday did a partial upgrade.

Can anyone running (K)Ubuntu on AMD64 verify if this works for them or not?
Is there a workaround?  I've searched the net high and low, but haven't
found anything.

Thanks,
 Brian