[ubuntu-web] Start page - lets go

Pasi Lallinaho open at knome.fi
Wed Sep 24 08:04:10 BST 2008

2008/9/24 Antonio Augusto (Mancha) <khaoticmind at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 17:03, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Matthew Nuzum
>> <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm fine with that and happy to help facilitate it. I'm not sure
>>> how to tackle this from a technological perspective since the start
>>> page is defined by the ubufox plugin for firefox. If you need
>>> technical details on how this works the person to talk to is asac, irl
>>> Alexander Sack and often found in #ubuntu-mozillateam on freenode.
>> I've discussed this with Alexander a few times: the most likely
>> approach we've discussed is for derivatives to ship their own version
>> of ubufox, such as xubufox and kubufox. Then again, Kubuntu doesn't
>> use firefox, but konqueror, so different considerations are likely to
>> apply.
> You mean that Firefox insn't installed by default in kubuntu, and not
> that it isn't used right? ;)
> I use Kubuntu with Firefox, Konqueror, nowadays, simply doesn't work
> with many sites that i use.
> IMHO create a kubufox package is an interesting approach, specially if
> plugins suggestions is controlled by this, this way it would be
> possible to offer KDE native options.
> m 2cts
> KM

Hi Matthews, Antonio and all others,

I would be mostly intrested in/able to create the XHTML+CSS graphical
layout thus I definitely need some help from translation teams/a
translation guru. I will get in touch with Alexander and talk about
this. If there's anybody else interested in this, any help is still

Pasi Lallinaho
Xubuntu Marketing Lead
Web designer, graphic artist
IRC: knome @ freenode