[ubuntu-web] Start page - lets go

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 23 21:03:41 BST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Matthew Nuzum
<matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Pasi Lallinaho <open at knome.fi> wrote:
>> all the projects need a start page. That's why I think we really
>> should co-operate on this one between Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Xubuntu.
>> Practically this could mean one man doing the start page for all the
>> projects - though hopefully not.
>>
>> I am interested in this, and I will be doing the start page most
>> probably for Xubuntu and Kubuntu so... If somebody is interested in
>> giving me and hand with these, that would be awesome. I follow this
>> mailing list closely, so just reply or ping me (knome) at freenode.
>>
>> I'm CCing this message to kubuntu-devel and xubuntu-devel mailing lists.
>
> Hi, I'm fine with that and happy to help facilitate it. I'm not sure
> how to tackle this from a technological perspective since the start
> page is defined by the ubufox plugin for firefox. If you need
> technical details on how this works the person to talk to is asac, irl
> Alexander Sack and often found in #ubuntu-mozillateam on freenode.

I've discussed this with Alexander a few times: the most likely
approach we've discussed is for derivatives to ship their own version
of ubufox, such as xubufox and kubufox. Then again, Kubuntu doesn't
use firefox, but konqueror, so different considerations are likely to
apply.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org