KDE 4.x and the "Leave" menu

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Sat Sep 13 16:12:08 BST 2008

On Saturday 13 September 2008 09:49:43 Christian A. Reiter wrote:
> Am Samstag, 13. September 2008 09:29:20 schrieb Terence Simpson:
> > > That is configurable in System Settings in the Session Management area.
> > > Fixing this is on the devs' todo list
> > > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kubuntu/Todo it just hasn't been done yet.
> >
> > It's not as as easy to fix as you think, if you disable it globally then
> > those that use the Application Launcher Menu (rather than kickoff) can't
> > logout (or shutdown/restart).
> > See
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase-workspace/+bug/187450
>
> I don't believe that.
> I think it's not about "easy to implement" but a decicion.
> You can't tell me that is more difficult to implement than all this
> exciting high siphisticated Plasma stuff.
>
> Just a clean decicion, and planning HOW KDE should work.
> ATM it feels like the Kubuntu devs have no exact plan how to do it,
> because, without any doubt:
> IF kickoff is default (ant that's gonna be) THEN the current behaviour is
> extremely useless.

Actually, there are some weird technical issues regarding the work flow of
logging out via Kickoff. I would followup with upstream KDE if you want to
know more about it or look up the thread on kde-devel and kde-usability.  The
topic has been heavily discussed.

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project