Kubuntu Meeting Minutes 2008-11-18

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Nov 19 13:10:59 GMT 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:32:37 +0100 Harald Sitter <apachelogger at ubuntu.com>
>Kubuntu Meeting Minutes 2008-11-18

>= Dangerous 3rd party KDE 3 repository
>  * Upgrade problems imminent
>  * Arby posts disclaimer in the appropriate thread on ubuntuforums
>  * Apachelogger contacts maintainer
>    - immediate shut down of the repository
>    - suggest to get in touch with Kubuntu developers to supersed the
>      approach with something less dangerous

I'd suggest it's not a good FOSS like approach to demand a derivative shut
down.  I think this is particularly true when they are supporting a user
need (want) that we have declined to try and support.

If someone wants to help out so he does it better, that's great, but
demanding a shutdown isn't a good way to go (if nothing else, consider the
headline of the /. article someone could write).

Scott K