Hello!

Al Twohill moebiusproject at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 04:02:40 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'd like to take the time to intro myself on this list. Here goes:

I'm an IT consultant in Christchurch, NZ. I completed my BIT a couple
of years back, and worked on my own as a contractor for a while. Now
I've been employed by one of the guys I contracted to, so I have spare
time outside 9-5 for once! (People who work for themselves will know
what I'm on about..)

I've tried Linux on and off with several distros since the days of Red
Hat 4, but I always ended up going back to Windows because I'd get
horribly stuck somewhere along the line. Thats until I found Kubuntu -
I've been using it since the start of last year, and have never looked
back! I still multi-boot to XP and Vista, but only really for our
clients work or to play games. I've built up a fairly reasonable
knowledge about *buntu and Linux in general and lately I've been
posting up things I've found really useful on my personal website,
hol.net.nz.

I'm mainly a programmer, having done lots of Java and C# throughout my
degree. Currently I'm doing a lot of work with PHP5 (OO style), and
I've been going through Eckel's Thinking in C++. I'm really keen on
getting some decent experience with C++ apps and figure helping the
distro I use the most is a fairly sensible way to do so. If anyone
would like to point out projects that aren't too complicated but need
some TLC that would be great.

Aside from programming I have fairly good writing skills (well, I
think so anyway!! :), so if a program or feature urgently needs some
doco I might be able to help out there as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys,

Al
--
The project has begun...