Blank Release Notes

Timothy Armstrong tima at mainelysoftware.com
Tue Mar 11 15:39:59 GMT 2008

Hi All,

Trying to help with the testing of Kubuntu Hardy Alpha and noticed a few
things during install. I checked the current bugs but haven't seen
anything regarding these. I am installing this into a VMWare server.
Please let me know if I should do anything else with the items listed
below. Thanks.

1. When clicking on release notes, it just shows a blank konqueror screen.
2. I don't think this is anything new to the release, but in the "Where
are you?" screen, when highlighting over the islands on the far
right-hand side, the labels cut off since they are default positioned to
the right of the pointer.
3. After installing and rebooting, I get: 'There was an error setting up
inter-process communications for KDE. The message returned by the system
was:

    Could not read network connection list.
    /home/ubuntu/.DCOPserver_ubuntu__0

    Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!

After that..

    It went to the login screen and would not accept any user/pass. I
rebooted again, and it seemed to work.

Please let me know if there is any other protocol I should be following,
I am new to this. Thanks

Timothy Armstrong