New KDE3 Apps for Intrepid

Sven Boden svenboden at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 07:12:53 BST 2008

> From: ubuntu at kitterman.com
> To: kubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: New KDE3 Apps for Intrepid
> Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:58:36 -0400
>
> On Sunday 27 July 2008 22:15, Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 July 2008 20:43:16 Scott Kitterman wrote:

> > > Intrepid+1,

> > > Yes.  We can't avoid that, but in our own efforts we really ought to
> > > focus on KDE4 stuff.
> > >
> > > Now that Debian has frozen for Lenny, any new packages there will be for
> > > Lenny + 1, so hopfully they will have a similar view.
> > >
> > > Scott K
> >
> > Do you have examples of KDE3 applications that made you think of this? If
> > there is no KDE4 version under development, shouldn't we consider it?
>
> http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/details.py?package=subtitlecomposer
>
> is what brought up the question.  I have no idea if there is a KDE4 equivalent
> or not.
>
> Scott K

In particular for this one, I would reject the upload, subtitlecomposer 0.5 was converted to KDE4 so even the same application exists as KDE4 app.

In general if no KDE4 version is available (or is still under development, not GA) I would still allow KDE3 apps, no reason to be that "purist" for Intrepid. I would be more purist for Intrepid+1.

Regards,
Sven