Please test alpha 4 candidate CDs

Sven Boden svenboden at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:37:04 GMT 2008

> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:29:56 -0500
> From: yuriy.kozlov at gmail.com
> To: kubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: Please test alpha 4 candidate CDs
>
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Jonathan Riddell  wrote:
>>
>>  Testers needed for Alpha 4 candidate CDs.
>>
>>  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily/
>>  and
>>  http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/
>>
>>  Report here or on http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/kubuntu/all
>>  if I can work out how to get it set up.
>>
>>  Jonathan
>>
>>  --
>>

> As of the daily CD from Jan. 29 I couldn't install because of this error:
> "The installer needs to remove operating system files from the install
> target, but was unable to do so.  The install cannot continue."
>
> that comes up while installing (after formatting the / partition).
> This is with manual partitioning and keeping an old /home.  Same thing
> with the alternate CD.
>
> ~ Yuriy

Same problem here... I get first "Removing conflicting operating system files" but this hangs for at least a couple of minutes. I then press skip on the dialog and I get "The installer needs to remove operating system files from the install target, but was unable to do so. The install cannot continue.".

This was on a dual boot system, and if I reboot I get a grub 15 error, and the windows boot partition is completely erased.

Regards,
Sven