Jaunty Alpha 2 released

Richard Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Sat Dec 20 06:51:57 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:53:49PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Hello Kubuntu developers,
>
> Welcome to Jaunty Jackalope Alpha-2, which will in time become Kubuntu 9.04.

Congratulations to everyone who participated in this release. I can
finally install Jaunty on my systems without any problems, including
encryption!

I apologize about the release notes as it seems there may have possibly
been some miscommunication. If I seem AFK on IRC from this point on, and
we are within 2 days of release, please ping me hardcore about getting
the release notes completed so I can have them done on time. I am
planning on spending some time on updating our release notes template so
in the case I am unable to create the release notes, it will be easy for
someone to step up and complete them.

Also, feel free to ring my cell or sms me concerning this issue or any
other emergency Kubuntu/KDE issue. You can reach me at +1 630 445 3860.
If I do not answer, that means I am unsure of who is calling and I am
screening it, or I am on my couch sleeping and my phone is on vibrate :)

--
Rich Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org
GPG: 2E2C0124