KDE Guidance development (was: anybody working on userconfig?)

Yuriy Kozlov yuriy-kozlov at kubuntu.org
Tue Aug 5 21:00:11 BST 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Simon Edwards <simon at simonzone.com> wrote:
> Yuriy Kozlov wrote:
>> I remember someone claiming it at some point, but according to
>> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo nobody is working on porting
>> userconfig and mountconfig.  If nobody's working on it, I'll try to
>> find some time sometime soon to do userconfig.
>>
>> If anybody is working on anything on the Todo page, please update the status!
>
> I've been busy looking after PyKDE and unfortunately neglecting
> guidance. (Thanks go to all the people who have been doing maintenance
> work on guidance). I want to get guidance up and running again on KDE 4,
> if people want to step and claim a piece of the work then that's great
> as long as it is coordinated.

I started working on userconfig last week.  It's here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~yuriy-kozlov/guidance/userconfig-kde4

> Akademy starts this weekend and I'll be there for the whole week and am
> interested in meeting up with anyone interesting in helping out with
> guidance. I'm also interesting in hearing about which configuration
> needs are still not addressed in KDE / Kubuntu. (Is there a wiki page
> somewhere about this?)

Unfortunately I won't be at Akademy :(.
The Intrepid Todo page ( https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Todo )
somewhat summarizes what configuration tools are still needed, and so
do the Intrepid Specs that it's based on.  In addition, many KCMs in
KDE4 still need work IMO (seele: how's the review of systemsettings
going?).

~ Yuriy