testing alpha builds

Christian A. Reiter chris.reiter at gmx.at
Tue Aug 5 11:55:40 BST 2008

Am Dienstag, 5. August 2008 12:20:09 schrieb Sven Boden:
> So is there a documented way to test an alpha-build without installing it
> as host os?
>
> Regards,
> Sven

I don't know if it helps, I just use a separate partition for intrepid,
install the intrepid grub not into the MBR, but into the partition root, and
fetch the updates via my main system, mounting the partition via a selfmade
script that mounts also /proc, /sys, /dev/pts, and unmounts them after exit.

You can't have both kernels/X running, so it's no virtualisation, just a
chroot...

Christian