KDE 4.1 "for testers only"

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Fri Aug 1 11:15:23 BST 2008

2008/7/31 Christian A. Reiter <chris.reiter at gmx.at>:
> Agreed KDE4.0/4.1 are two pairs of shoes. But "even" I (as 5 years Linux user)
> have my problems with Kubuntu/KDE4.1 and stay with 3.5 ATM.
>
> Everyone knows that Ubuntu has less efforts polishing KDE than GNOME. That's
> not bad, just decicion. And kubuntu-kde4-desktop with ppa-KDE4.1 IS LESS
> STABLE than kubuntu-desktop.
> That's all I want to say - and that that should be made transparent.

Given this fact I think the decision of not shipping KDE 3.5 with
Intrepid is shooting yourself in the foot for Kubuntu, especially
given the fact that Hardy is not LTS and cannot act as safe harbour
for people who need stable system. They will just drift away to other
distributions or Ubuntu with Gnome.

--

	Krzysztof Lichota