Fwd: Celebrating Hug Day! - 10 April 2008

Yuriy Kozlov yuriy-kozlov at kubuntu.org
Tue Apr 8 22:53:04 BST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pedro Villavicencio Garrido <pedro at ubuntu.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:46 PM
Subject: Celebrating Hug Day! - 10 April 2008
To: Ubuntu BugSquad <ubuntu-bugsquad at lists.ubuntu.com>,
ubuntu-devel-announce at lists.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com,
fridge-devel at lists.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com,
ubuntu-desktop at lists.ubuntu.com

Hello Ubuntu Lovers,

 On Thursday 10 of April we'll be celebrating a Compiz Hug Day:

  Our goal is to deal with all of the bugs on that list.

 Who can join the Hug Day? Everyone. You don't need to be a developer.
 You don't need to know to code. Everyone is welcome. If you don't know
 how to help, then just come and we'll explain you everything.

 In a Bug Day, you can
 * work in a nice team,
 * make sure the bug reporters' concerns are heard,
 * gather all the information needed so developers can fix bugs,
 * close useless bugs,
 * find out where the bugs come from,

 and eventually

 * work together with upstream to make changes happen,
 * get experience in hacking and fixing bugs.

 Where to join the Hug Day? #ubuntu-bugs on freenode IRC. And you can go
 there every other day too!

 When to join the Hug Day? Next hug day is on Thursday 10 of April
 In all timezones.
 But again, you can go there every day and help with triaging the bug
 tracking systems.

  While you are welcome to apply to join the Ubuntu Bug Control team at
 anytime, Hug Day is a great day to join!

 If you're interested in helping to make the next release of Ubuntu even
 better - please stop by.  And feel free to ask bdmurray, ogasawara,
 pedro, heno and the rest of the team for ways to help out.  We hope to
 see you there and your name on the list of bug triagers!

 Have a nice day,