Hardware giveaway Part 3

Jos Poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Thu Oct 11 10:58:57 BST 2007

On 10/11/07, Stefan Skotte <sfs at enhance-it.dk> wrote:
> Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > On 10/11/07, Stefan Skotte <sfs at enhance-it.dk> wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I've once again been looking through my stash of hardware, and found
> >> something that I would like to donate to anyone in need
> >> (development/testing/qa etc.):
> >>
> >> * VIA EPIA EX-15000G (1.5Ghz)
> >> * 1 GB Crucial DDR Memory
> >> * 100 GB 2.5" harddrive
> >> * Morex 2688 Case with 62W PSU (euro outlet, but easily exchangeable)
> >>
> >> It's not a speed devil, but runs kubuntu very nicely.
> >>
> >> Write a small note to me, why you would want this little machine and we
> >> can discuss the details.
> >>
> >> Its not my intention to flood this mailinglist with offtopic stuff, but
> >> the hardware is just gathering dust here, and it might aswell do some good.
> >>
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Stefan Skotte
> >

> > Lovely small case (according to google). Wouldn't this be useful for a
> > boothbox, for roadshows? I know we (KDE promo team) could use it ;-)
> >

> That might be a good fit.

Well, thanks, are you sure? I mean, there isn't anyone else asking yet...

> Actually I found that I have a Panasonic UJ-846-B Slot-in DVD-RW to go
> with it aswell. That would make it easy to install/prepare new stuff on it.

Sure would!

> I will prepare the box (read: assemble it), and ship it your way asap.
>
> Can you email me the address I should ship it to ?

Yes, I live in the Netherlands, the Boothbox is with Sebas in
Nijmwegen, I can easily take it there. So:
Jos Poortvliet
Laan van Vollenhove 511
3706 CP Zeist
Netherlands

> -stefan

I personally have a 15" flatscreen laying around, and a keyboard &
mouse should also be easy to get, so with your computer, we'll
immediately have a full KDE demo system going!! Better than the random
laptops we always have (including mine, which is just 10"). Pretty
neat, I was always a bit jealous of the Gnomies, who have like 2 full
sponsored iMac's in their boothbox or something... You can always
clearly see where the money is and where the code is, hehe :D