Bug Tagging

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Thu May 24 18:49:44 BST 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 12:54:06PM -0400, Yuriy Kozlov wrote:
> >In an effort to make openoffice.org bugs make them more approachable,
> >I have started use tags such as 'ooo-calc' to identify which specific
> >application the bug appears in.  Finally, there is the 'commercial' tag
> >to identify bugs in packages like Opera that don't yet exist in
> >Launchpad.  As I understand it these packages may appear in Launchpad so
> >I'd like us to be able to find those bugs again and assign them to the
> >right package.
> >
> >Please take a moment to look at the list of tags currently in use, add
> >any tags you think would be useful, and subscribe to the wiki page.
> >
> >[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/Tags
> >[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=metabug
> >

> Would it be useful to start doing something like this for kdebase and
> for guidance?

If you mean to tag kdebase bugs based on their component i.e. a kicker
bug tagged as 'kdebase-kicker' I think this is a great idea.  Looking at
the approximately 500 kdebase bugs it is hard to know where to start and
I think this will help a lot.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com