guidance-powermanager's "switching to bat. mode" popup - is it useful?

Michel D'HOOGE list.dhooge at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:30:22 BST 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 19:05:35 Martin Böhm wrote:
> Luka: Let's not forget that people like you and me could be too far away
> from what a user really thinks :o)

Do you mean people used to windows? In that case, I guess being overwhelmed by
annoying pop-ups is their every-day life ]:->

> A comment from a person educated in usability would be nice, or perhaps a

I'm not really educated in usability, but I think it is easier to get rid of
something that annoys you than enabling a feature you're not aware of. The
balance is of course between the %age of users finding it useful or annoying.

> poll on a kubuntu forum could tell us more about what the users think.

Since I use a laptop, I answer to the poll:
I'd vote for having it on by default because I prefer being a bit annoyed than
missing it once when it is important for me.
--
Michel