guidance-powermanager's "switching to bat. mode" popup - is it useful?

Luka Renko lure at ubuntu.com
Thu May 17 07:35:38 BST 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 02:59:16 Sarah Hobbs wrote:
> Personally, I have my screen running brighter when i'm on AC power than
> on battery.  Therefore, I notice that the power plug has been pulled out
> when the screen dims, and so don't need the popup.  I would assume this
> is the same for a lot of people.

Yes, this is true for people with laptops that provide brigthness control
through SW. Most (all?) HP laptops (probably some other too) do not provide
this - brightness is controled with autosensor or HW keys only, therefore the
brightness feature of guidance-power-manager is disabled and is not changed
on power plugged/unplugged event.

Regards,
Luka