guidance-powermanager's "switching to bat. mode" popup - is it useful?

Luka Renko lure at ubuntu.com
Wed May 16 17:26:47 BST 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 17:09:58 Martin Böhm wrote:
> Hi Kubuntu developers and friends (especially those with laptops),
> do you like the current way powermanager is informing the user about power
> cord being plugged out?

I like it, probably because my laptop does not support SW brightness support,
therefore icon change is to hidden in the tray. Particularly the power
unplugged is useful for me, as it notify me about lost power (that sometimes
happens by accident).

I would agree with Tom that using KDE notification structure would be the best
here, however there are plans to move from PyQt3/KDE3 to PyQt4 which does not
provide this infrastructure. :-( And I really do not want to implement own
configuration framework for notifications.

Regards,
Luka