I would like to help

jos poortvliet jos at mijnkamer.nl
Wed May 2 15:03:33 BST 2007

Op Wednesday 02 May 2007, schreef Omar Vera:
> Hi all,
>
> My name is Omar Vera and I am just starting to use Kubuntu and I
> really like it! Kubuntu rocks!! I am a software developer, I developed
> mainly in Windows and I know the basics of development in C/C++ and a
> lot of Java an C#, anyway, whatever I can learn. I would like to help
> in development but I don't know where to start, of course I would like
> to start with small things and then going forward. Do you know how to
> start?

I'm pretty sure there are several apps that could use some attention. A lot of
development on KDE (Kubuntu's desktop) is aimed towards the big upcoming 4.0
release. You might want to give a hand there - it's exiting and fun work. You
can find information on techbase.kde.org or in the articles that come with
the first alpha (coming soon, alpha 1 will be released in a few days, and an
article from Troy and me about how to get it and what's fun in there will be
posted soon after that).

Another option is to focus on Kubuntu-specific stuff, though there isn't that
much for a C++ developer like you. Maybe, if you like python, you can help on
Guidance, the config tools in Kubuntu. And fixing bugs in upstream apps is
always appreciated.

Anyway, if you want to use your C/C++ skills, I recommend joining the KDE 4
developing frenzy. If you're more into polishing, packaging and documenting
applications, there is work enough on Kubuntu.

> Thank you, I hope I can help with Kubuntu with all that I can.

Very, VERY appreciated!

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Omar Vera

Have fun,

Jos

--
Disclaimer:

Alles wat ik doe denk en zeg is gebaseerd op het wereldbeeld wat ik nu heb.
Ik ben niet verantwoordelijk voor wijzigingen van de wereld, of het beeld wat
ik daarvan heb, noch voor de daaruit voortvloeiende gedragingen van mezelf.
Alles wat ik zeg is aardig bedoeld, tenzij expliciet vermeld.